Security & Life Safety
Security officers are on duty at the Building’s Security Console and the Security Kiosk located on Concourse level. Security officers tour throughout the property and garage twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The Building also employs electronic surveillance devices throughout certain common areas. Two-way radio communication between the Property Management Office, Security Console and property staff provides quick response to any issue.
Security and Traffic Officer Service
1600 has a 24-hour, 7 days a week, Security Service available. You may contact Security by calling 713-951-7415.
The Security Kiosk is located on the Concourse Level of the building. The officers DO NOT have any Tenant suite keys or card keys.
Note: As an additional safety measure, any person(s) leaving the building after normal business hours may request an escort to their vehicle if it is parked in one of our building garages.
While security officers, closed circuit cameras and the maintenance staff can provide basic protection for the Building, security is everyone's responsibility, and your cooperation and vigilance is essential.
Each tenant can be effective in preventing the loss of valuable personal and company property by maintaining careful vigilance and following safety procedures:
- Be particularly observant of strangers in your area and if their identity cannot be readily established, immediately advise the Management Office.
- Establish and use, within the occupied premises, a secured area for packages, purses, salable and transportable property, etc., and particularly any form of a negotiable instrument or petty cash. We recommend a GSA approved fire safe.
- At the end of each working day, store small personal and company items of value, in a locked desk, credenza, file cabinet or other secured location.
- Use strong passwords, GPS locating apps or locking cables, if possible, for laptops and other electronic devices.
- File cabinet drawers should be closed at the end of the working day and secured nightly.
- Be certain that all public corridor egress doors are locked at the conclusion of standard business hours on each business day, when your receptionist leaves the premises, and when working alone in the office at night.
- Enforce strict control of keys and access cards. Establish uniform procedures for collecting keys upon the termination or leaving of employees. Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or one that conforms to a commercial key control system.
- Please notify the Management Office when any employees are terminated.
- Promptly report the loss of property or any suspicious event to Security. Serial numbers of all valuable items should be recorded and retained in a file to aid police in recovering property in the event of a loss or theft.
- Articles of value (handbags, coats and keys) should not be left in open, unattended reception areas or on desks in offices at any time.
- Never leave a vault or safe open while out of the office. Thoroughly spin the combination lock when closing a vault or safe. Do not leave a vault or safe combination in a desk.
- Keep the police, fire department and building security telephone numbers posted.
Special care should be taken during certain times best suited for pilferage, i.e., the first 30 minutes after opening, lunch hours and just before closing. These are the times of maximum movement of personnel and absence from work areas and offices.
You may request additional checks of your offices by contacting the Management Office
Safety Communication Platform
LiveSafe is a mobile two-way safety communications App that gives Management & Security an immediate path to communicating important information. It further gives every member of the community a rich set of tools to manage their personal safety on a daily basis.