Security & Life Safety
Security officers are on duty at the building console and tour throughout the property and garage twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Security and Traffic Officer Service
Heritage Plaza has a 24-hour, 7 days a week, Security Service available. You may contact Security by calling 713-651-3440. The main desk is located on the Plaza Level of the building. The officers DO NOT have any Tenant suite keys or card keys.
Note: As an additional safety measure, any person(s) leaving the building after normal business hours may request an escort to their vehicle if it is parked in one of our building garages.
Houston Police officers are located at the Lamar exit of the Tower parking garage Monday through Friday to direct traffic from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Per City code, all traffic must exit to the immediate first left lane on Lamar Street.
The Building also employs electronic surveillance devices throughout certain common areas. Two-way radio communication between the Management Office, Security Console and property staff, provide quick response to any issue.
While security officers, closed circuit cameras and the maintenance staff can provide basic protection for the Building, security is everyone's responsibility, and your cooperation and vigilance is essential.
The building is equipped with a security system, which is monitored 24-7 and has the following features:
- Card access control for the main east plaza entrance, the VIP parking garage, main parking garage and elevators for after hours use
- There are 186 cameras located on the property monitoring the common areas, building entrances and parking garage
- 11 real time video recorders
- 48 Blue Light Emergency monitored phones in parking garages
- 20 Star Call phones in stairwells
- 29 hands-free elevator phones linked to Security Console
Each tenant can be effective in preventing the loss of valuable personal and company property by maintaining careful vigilance and following safety procedures:
- Be particularly observant of strangers in your area and if their identity cannot be readily established, immediately advise the Management Office.
- Establish and use, within the occupied premises, a secured area for packages, purses, salable and transportable property, etc., and particularly any form of a negotiable instrument or petty cash. We recommend a GSA approved fire safe.
- At the end of each working day, store small personal and company items of value, in a locked desk, credenza, file cabinet or other secured location.
- Use strong passwords, GPS locating apps or locking cables, if possible, for laptops and other electronic devices.
- File cabinet drawers should be closed at the end of the working day and secured nightly.
- Be certain that all public corridor egress doors are locked at the conclusion of standard business hours on each business day, when your receptionist leaves the premises, and when working alone in the office at night. .
- Enforce strict control of keys and access cards. Establish uniform procedures for collecting keys upon the termination or leaving of employees. Store keys systematically in a secured wall cabinet of either your own design or one that conforms to a commercial key control system.
- Please notify the Management Office when any employees are terminated.
- Promptly report the loss of property or any suspicious event to Security. Serial numbers of all valuable items should be recorded and retained in a file to aid police in recovering property in the event of a loss or theft.
- Articles of value (handbags, coats and keys) should not be left in open, unattended reception areas or on desks in offices at any time.
- Never leave a vault or safe open while out of the office. Thoroughly spin the combination lock when closing a vault or safe. Do not leave a vault or safe combination in a desk.
- Keep the police, fire department and building security telephone numbers posted.
Special care should be taken during certain times best suited for pilferage, i.e., the first 30 minutes after opening, lunch hours and just before closing. These are the times of maximum movement of personnel and absence from work areas and offices.
You may request additional checks of your offices by contacting the Management Office.
Emergency Notification System - LiveSafe
LiveSafe is a mobile safety application and emergency communication dashboard platform. The LiveSafe Command Dashboard is a web-based system that any computer connected to the Internet can access. The command dashboard provides security operation centers with an additional line of communication and is aligned with existing Brookfield protocols.
Unlike other mass communication companies our staff and tenants will have the ability to not only receive but to also send critical emergency AND ROUTINE tips to a dashboard that YOUR BUILDINGS can monitor in house.
Below is a list of LiveSafe mobile application features that will be available to our tenants:
- Button feature to contact security or property management directly.
- Button feature to contact 911.
- Button feature to have access to critical portions of the Tenant Emergency Procedure Manual (TEPM) and tabs for each emergency scenario.
- The ability to report an emergency or tip and add a photo or video to send to the dashboard. This can also be done anonymously for privacy reasons.
- The ability to use the Safewalk feature which will allow the tenant to have a colleague or co-worker monitor their activity when they are leaving the property, headed to the garage or to the train station OR TRAVELING OUT OF TOWN.
- As long as their colleague has the LiveSafe app, Safewalk can be used in any capacity that a tenant wants a colleague to follow their path.